Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Looking good, what is it??

Now that there is an online store the next thing is to get people to see it. And when they see it they should find it interesting and worthwhile. CafePress provides many details and templates so you can design your images in the correct proportions or adjust them to be right. But you don't have to do it. You can have a square image automatically plopped on every type of merchandise, even circular items. Or you can put a square image on a rectangular product with the result of some extra white space on one side.

These type things make for a terrible impression, thankfully customers see a very good representation of what it is they are purchasing. Well, that is my opinion. I have lots of opinions.

I organized my store with all the items I would like to sell with a particular image on one page, or in one section. Now I think it would have been better to show one item with many images on it on each page. So there may be a lot of reorganizing to be done. Oh, yes, the software does let you do those kind of things! Thankfully. But you need to be careful not to delete something by mistake.

One of the first images I put online is the oldest in my collection. See www.ForeRiver Bridge.com . More on that shortly!

Commodore